• Obesity is one of the most important health issues facing medicine millennium. Latin origin of the word “obesity” (obedo, Obed = excess eating much and greedy) shows that in antiquity there were inconveniences caused by exceeding ideal weight. With the development of society and especially nowadays in developed countries, the share of obese exceed 20-25% of the adult population. Moreover, in the USA, where obesity affects over 33% of adults, number of children exceeds 9 million overweight., And since the risk of obesity related diseases is higher in young people than in adults, the Senate concluded that young people will live longer less than their parents, if not really do anything. The statistics clearly show that young obese can lose up to 13 years of life, and an obese woman to eight years.
• Obesity, this new “epidemic” of the new millennium tribute to regime change human life (which ingurgitează more and consume fewer in an activity increasingly sedentary) is measured by various methods; standard method is the “body mass index” – BMI (body mass index), represented by the ratio of the weight of the person and its height squared (kg / m 2). For example, a tall person 1.58 m and 70 kg will have a body mass index of 28 (70/1582), that is overweight.
• A normal BMI is between 18 to 24.9, below the minimum (18) falls underweight. Between 25 to 29.9 is overweight, and over 30 obezii.Un index defines obesity 30-35 degree between 35-40, and 40 Grade II, Grade III. Patients with a BMI over 50 are considered superobezi, and those over 60 are called super-superobezi. These assignments have an important practical role in predicting health problems that arise from different types of excess weight.
• Evolution of obese patients depends not only on psychosocial issues (integration in a group or in society, can exercise a certain activity or a family), but also the emergence of comorbidities, diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, arthritis, coronary artery disease and peripheral venous insufficiency etc. All these diseases and shortens life difficult obese patients. Much reversible and controllable with weight loss. That is why the treatment of obesity is a medical imperative, not only aesthetically.
Some tips on eating behavior celebrations:
– Eat slowly, chewing well often each food you ingest; thus enjoy the food and and filled with a smaller amount of food;
– The last meal to book at 1900 – 1930 (up to bed your body has time to “process” in the food);
– Beware of “calorie bombs” ie fatty foods with the sweet mixture. Here are some examples: combining starch fries – sweet oil – fat mayonnaise (potatoes, bread) or cakes, cakes with cream (butter, margarine);
– Eat fruit, some bread, drastically limiting sweets (liquid, solid, semi-solid) and fat (especially animal), ice cream, pastries;
– Eat less quantity;
– Eat more protein and good quality (meat, fish, poultry, preferably boiled or grilled vităde) and vegetables (cooked, salads or grilled).